Monday, April 18, 2011

Thoughts about Sea Otter While Descending into Chicago

O'Hare International Airport
How exactly am I supposed to write about the entire scope of my experiences at Sea Otter? My time out there was so action packed, so filled with new contacts, products, conversations, trails, riding styles, and overall experiences that I am having a difficult time processing it all. This may be a bit early to say, but I think that Sea Otter will again prove to be a significant step in my mountain bike career.

What the exact aftermath of the event will look like, though, remains to be seen. I look forward to working with many of the people that I met there for the first time, as well as the others that I had known from before. Based on my awesome interactions with those people, I think that the bike industry is headed in a very positive direction, and I’m happy to be a (small) part of it!

Unloading and unwinding is what I really need to focus on before I can really begin to write the detailed posts that I want to write. I think that sifting through the hundreds of photos that I have taken will help me to organize my thoughts and posts, so expect to see a random assortment of photoblogs in the near future. However, I hate to wait too long after the event to write though, as I tend to forget the true passion or impressions I had at times in the past. The same can definitely be said for trail reviews and the like.

I truly hope I can find adequate time to complete this unloading, unwinding, and writing this week. I don’t arrive in Georgia until 10 o’clock tonight, and I have class right away at 8 a.m. in the morning. It is going to be a rough start to the week!

Moving neon lights above a walkway at O'Hare.
I’m not sure how many posts I’ll be able to publish over the next week. It may be a lot, it may be a little. If you aren’t caught up on all of the Sea Otter action that I’ve posted so far, be sure to visit the Sea Otter tag and check out those posts!

PS I hate descending in an airplane. The pressure just continues to build up in your ears until the sides of your head are going to explode on the people sitting on either side of you. It never seems like the pressure equals out easily either, it always takes a half an hour or more to return to normal. I guess that is one of the many prices you pay for traveling 500 miles an hour across the country.


Post a Comment



Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greg Heil is the Editor in Chief for He's been writing and publishing online since before blogging existed.

About This Blog

Mountain biking, plain and simple. Trail reviews, ride reports, and philosophical musings induced by delirium from grinding up way too many vertical feet.

Read More

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP