Monday, April 12, 2010

Greg Rides Trails… Powered By Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew
Mountain biking, working, studying, and blogging all take energy. Enter Mountain Dew. When I’m running low on energy and need a quick pick me up, I do the Dew. Mountain Dew is, quite simply put, the greatest beverage known to mankind.

Yes, soda is not healthy at all: 110 sugary calories per serving that have no real nutritional value to speak of. Yes, it may make more sense to turn to healthier alternatives for energy and enjoyment. If all I was really after was the energy, I would probably choose just to sleep more, or tough it out. The caffeine kick isn’t what makes Mountain Dew so incredible.

From our Midwest ski trip
So what makes it so amazing?
Mountain Dew just tastes so freaking good!

The excellence is embodied primarily by the taste. I used to drink many different flavors of mountain dew: Code Red, Live Wire, and any of the other promotional flavors that were out at any given time. I still enjoy the occasional Code Red, but as I’ve gotten older I have turned into more of a Mountain Dew purist. I drink the original Dew. No Diet Dew, no Caffeine Free crap. It has to be the real thing. I would rather abstain than drink a pathetic modification of the perfection-in-a-can that is Mountain Dew.

Drinking Mountain Dew
There’s another thing: Mountain Dew is best consumed from a chilled 12 oz. can. I have learned to recognize the different nuances that are contained in the Dew when consumed from different sized cans, at different temperatures, and from plastic bottles. And I can definitely tell when a fountain drink has been mixed correctly.

For true Mountain Dew excellence: drink it from a can.

This excellence and flavor has propelled me to heights of intellectual and physical prowess never before experienced by another human being. The inspiration and energy contained in that fizzy green liquid is truly a magic potion.

The cool thing is that for just a few bucks, you can join me living the dream, powered by Mountain Dew!




What gives you the kick that you need to excel? Is it Mountain Dew, or something else?

Please excuse the hyperbole towards the end there... I'm all hopped up on caffeine, and am just a little bit excitable at the moment.

4 comments:

tonycinstl April 12, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Love the Dew, especially from a chilled can! 10% real fruit juice you know! What's in the other 90%?

Greg April 12, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Haha yes! Back in high school I would have one every morning, and I'd joke around saying i was just having my morning OJ. As to what's the rest of it... i operate under a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

A.J. Heil,  April 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

5 Hour Energy all the way. That's what gets me going. Skip the calories, get the energy.

That's my opinion. =)

Greg April 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

But the taste man, what about the taste??? Haha! No but really, It's all about the all-encompassing Mountain Dew drinking experience!

Plus, if there's no calories in one of those things, what exactly is giving you the energy? Haha, that's scarrier than Mountain Dew!

Post a Comment

Labels

Counter

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Greg Heil is the Editor in Chief for Singletracks.com. He's been writing and publishing online since before blogging existed.

About This Blog

Mountain biking, plain and simple. Trail reviews, ride reports, and philosophical musings induced by delirium from grinding up way too many vertical feet.

Read More

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP